Prof. Salah Zaher
Professor of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine,
Alexandria University, Egypt.
Board Chairman of the Alexandria Pediatric Center (S.A.E.)
Vice-President of the Alexandria Medical Syndicate
- Dr. Salah R. Zaher is a professor emeritus of Pediatrics at the Alexandria
University, Egypt, since 2016.
- He acquired the Doctorate degree of Pediatrics (1990) and the Master degree
in Cardiology (1995).
- He is a former consultant at the WHO in rheumatic fever and rheumatic
heart disease and a former board member of the Pan African Society of Cardiology.
- He was a founding member of the Eyptian Society of Pediatric Cardiologists
- He is the board chairman of the Society of Friends of Cardiac Children
(philanthropic society) and of the Alexandria Pediatric Center
( private pediatric practice center).
- He is a member of the National Committee for prevention of rheumatic
- His research field is in rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease and has
several international publications in epidemiology and prophylaxis of
- His clinical work encompasses a vast experience in management of children
with congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease, and has
established and supervised several rheumatic fever clinics in Alexandria and
initiated several national surveys of both diseases. He initiated as well
several programs for the social care of children with heart disease in